Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! It’s an incredible milestone in your life, and we understand that looking and feeling your best on your special day is important to you. To help you achieve your goals, we’ve put together a “Bride Bootcamp: The Ultimate Guide to Getting in Shape for Your Wedding.” We suggest starting this guide roughly 2 -3 months before your big day for maximum results. In this guide, we’ll provide you with specific action items and workouts that will help you feel confident, energized, and radiant as you walk down the aisle.
Let’s dive in!
Start with a Balanced Diet:
Maintaining a balanced diet is crucial for achieving your fitness goals. Focus on consuming whole, nutrient-dense foods that provide the necessary energy and nourishment for your body. Incorporate plenty of fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains, and healthy fats into your meals. Avoid crash diets or extreme calorie restrictions, as they can be counterproductive and leave you feeling deprived. Start thinking about your healthy diet roughly 2 – 3 months prior to your wedding for maximum results.
- Plan your meals ahead of time to ensure you’re getting a good balance of nutrients.
- Opt for healthier cooking methods such as grilling, steaming, or baking instead of frying.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
Incorporate Cardiovascular Exercise:
Cardiovascular exercises are great for burning calories and increasing your overall fitness level. They help improve your cardiovascular health, boost your metabolism, and shed excess body fat. Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic exercise per week. You’ll want to start incorporating cardio at least 2 – 3 months prior to your wedding to see maximum results.
- Engage in activities like brisk walking, jogging, cycling, swimming, or dancing.
- Find a workout buddy or join group fitness classes to stay motivated and make exercise more enjoyable.
- Include interval training sessions to maximize calorie burn and increase endurance (try our NouFlex On-Demand classes).
Strength Training for Toning:
Strength training is essential for sculpting your body and toning your muscles. It helps increase your metabolism, improves your posture, and enhances overall strength and stability. Incorporate strength training exercises into your routine at least two to three times a week. Try out our resistance products such as the NouFlex Training System or Mini Bands. Get started with a special discount on our On-Demand fitness roughly 2 – 3 months prior to your wedding to see maximum results.
- Include compound exercises such as squats, lunges, deadlifts, push-ups, and rows to work multiple muscle groups simultaneously.
- Utilize resistance bands, dumbbells, or bodyweight exercises to add resistance and challenge your muscles. Check out our resistance products and On-Demand Workouts.
- Seek guidance from a personal trainer or fitness professional to ensure proper form and prevent injuries.
- Try the NouFlex On-Demand subscription for only $1.99/first month to get unlimited on-demand fitness videos at your fingertips.
Focus on Core Strength and Posture:
A strong core is essential for maintaining good posture, stability, and balance. Additionally, working on your posture will ensure you look poised and confident on your wedding day. Incorporate specific exercises that target your core muscles, such as planks, Russian twists, and bicycle crunches.
- Perform core-strengthening exercises two to three times a week.
- Incorporate exercises that engage your back muscles to improve posture, such as rows and reverse flies.
- Practice good posture throughout the day by sitting and standing tall, with your shoulders back and core engaged.
Incorporate Stress-Relief Techniques:
Wedding planning can be stressful, and stress can have a negative impact on your overall well-being and fitness goals. Incorporating stress-relief techniques into your routine will help you stay balanced and focused.
- Practice mindfulness meditation or deep breathing exercises to reduce stress.
- Engage in activities you enjoy, such as yoga, Pilates, or dancing, to unwind and relax.
- Get enough sleep to promote recovery and overall well-being.
Remember, getting in shape for your wedding is not just about physical appearance. It’s about feeling strong, confident, and healthy as you embark on this new chapter of your life. Be patient with yourself, listen to your body, and enjoy the journey. By following these action items and staying committed, you’ll be well on your way to achieving your fitness goals for your big day.
For more of a personalized and hands-on approach, try our “Bride Bootcamp Series”, a 14-day workout series that you can take leading up to your big day. Sign up here. Best of luck, and may your wedding be a truly memorable and joyous occasion!